TL; DR Summary: It’s friggin cold! I made Lentil Soup with red lentils, potatos, carrots, and onions. (more…)
Over the last two weeks, I’ve made multiple foodstuffs with the intention of posting them on here. None of them made it to the actual blog. Here’s why.
Kettle corn is delicious. I made some. It was delicious.
- Liquid measuring cup
- Dry measuring cups
- Measuring spoon
- A big ol’ pot with a lid. It should not be cast iron. Also, a glass lid will let you watch the fun.
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil (Everyone online says coconut oil, but I used canola and it was just fine)
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt (plain old table salt)
- Put the oil in the pot with 3 or 4 popcorn kernels. Heat it over medium heat until the kernels pop.
- After all the test kernels have popped, dump everything else in the pot, stick the lid on, and shake it around to mix everything together.
- Cook the popcorn, shaking regularly, until it stops popping. It’ll only take a couple minutes.
- Dump it out into a bowl. Don’t let it sit in the pot, or it will burn.
- Om nom nom.