This one is adapted from Marc Bittman’s How to Cook Everything (2nd Ed). It’s got a blue-cheese-y flavor, so if you’re not into that, don’t try this.
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 lb ziti
- 2 Tbl butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the ziti according to the package directions and drain it.
- Mash the cheeses and cream together in a bowl with a fork until almost smooth.
- Melt the butter in a 1 qt saucepan over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and add the cheese mixture. Heat and stir until the sauce is completely liquid.
- In a large bowl, stir the cheese sauce into the pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and add more shredded Parmesan if you like.