It’s Tuesday, and that’s a good enough reason for me to make brownies.
This recipe comes from the Baker’s Chocolate (unsweetened) box. It’s the same recipe my mom always used (Hi Mom!). They’re better than any brownies you’re likely to make with a mix, and they’re really easy. These are definitely the fudgey type of brownies, as opposed to the cakey type. If you prefer cakey brownies, these aren’t for you. Also, if you prefer cakey brownies, you are a sad, soulless person. Maybe you should just eat cake instead.
I tried putting some of those pumpkin candy things on top in the last few minutes of baking, but they got a bit melty…
Time: 45 min
Servings: 24 (yeah right)
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate (1 pkg of Baker’s Chocolate)
- 3/4 cup butter (Screw the rules. I use salted.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat thy oven-type-device to 350F.
- Line 13×9″ baking pan (I use Pyrex) with aluminum foil, then spray it down with cooking spray.
- Microwave the chocolate and butter in a large bowl for 2 minutes or until the butter is melted.
- Stir the butter/chocolate mixture until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in the sugar, then blend in the eggs and vanilla. Finally, stir in the flower.
- Scrape the batter into the pan (spread it evenly with a rubber spatula).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.