Here’s a quick one for a hummus recipe I approximated last month. I didn’t have any tahini, but I had sesame oil, and it turned out pretty good. I’ll try to post something fancier than this soon.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbl lemon juice
- 1 Tbl sesame oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
Put everything in a blender or food processor and puree. Serve with pita or something.
Kettle corn is delicious. I made some. It was delicious.
- Liquid measuring cup
- Dry measuring cups
- Measuring spoon
- A big ol’ pot with a lid. It should not be cast iron. Also, a glass lid will let you watch the fun.
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil (Everyone online says coconut oil, but I used canola and it was just fine)
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt (plain old table salt)
- Put the oil in the pot with 3 or 4 popcorn kernels. Heat it over medium heat until the kernels pop.
- After all the test kernels have popped, dump everything else in the pot, stick the lid on, and shake it around to mix everything together.
- Cook the popcorn, shaking regularly, until it stops popping. It’ll only take a couple minutes.
- Dump it out into a bowl. Don’t let it sit in the pot, or it will burn.
- Om nom nom.